Sunday, July 11, 2010

Philodendron


Pink Princess philodendron is a good container plant for shade. It grows slow and doesn't need too much attention. I ran across this plant last year when I worked at a plant nursery. The original plant was growing in a 3 gallon pot and some of the stems were draping over the side and beginning to grow roots. One day I was assigned the task of trimming back the plant and making it look more presentable. Some of the stems had started growing roots and those were potted up to make more plants. A few employees, including myself, were allowed to take a few plants home with us. I love getting free plants!! Now I have two pots with Pink Princess philodendron.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this plant, it has wonderful variegation! If you still have this plant, can I have a small cutting from it? I really would like to grow one of these.

    ReplyDelete