Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dianthus

Its been a while since I've written a blog, mainly because not much has been happening. Garden plants are blooming some, but they are not near as pretty as they were in the spring. The one plant that looks nice is my dianthus. Here it is in bloom!


One of the reasons I haven't blogged much is that I spend most of my time working at Cabelas. As Christmas approaches, Cabelas extends store hours to ensure that every customer has the opportunity to buy Christmas gifts or buy something for themselves. That also means that employees have to work long hours.

Christmas time = really good sales. Dave and I took advantage of the doorbuster sale this morning and bought two scopes (on sale $15 regular $50) and two rod/reel combos with a baitcasting reel. Thats a very nice reel! The rods were around $45 each, which is a nice sale. I'm hoping to catch a nice sized largemouth bass with my new rod.

Dave and I will soon be visiting the state parks for a mini vacation. We will catch fish, walk the wooded trails and photograph wildlife. I'm hoping for a barred owl picture! Stay tuned for state park blog posts in the weeks following Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary. Beautiful pic. I bet things have been crazy at Cabelas. I many be ordering a new fly rod soon. I went fishing yesterday and snapped a $300 rod. =(

    If you have any fishing gear you need to get rid of at your store, you know where you can send it. =)

    The Average Joe Fisherman
    http://averagejoefisherman.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete